SAVE THE DATE: IMO SYMPOSIUM "MARITIME SINGLE WINDOW 2024"
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) in collaboration with the International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH), BIMCO and the support of the International Port Community Systems Association (IPCSA) organized the Symposium "Maritime Single Window 2024: A Window of Opportunity" between January 18 and 19. The event will be held in hybrid mode, in person at IMO Headquarters and will be broadcast in parallel on the Organization's YouTube Channel.
The event will bring together institutions, governments, port authorities, industry associations, shipowners and solution providers from around the world to discuss the benefits and opportunities for maritime trade arising from the implementation of the Maritime Single Window.
The Symposium will include 6 panels addressing the following topics:
- Panel 1: Maritime Single Window (MSW) as part of the national digitization strategy and the goal of greening maritime transport.
- Panel 2: Pragmatic approach to the implementation of the VSM: from vision to realization.
- Panel 3: Possible architectures for VSM: VSM as a stand-alone system, VSM as a module of the national single window, VSM as part of a port community system
- Panel 4: Interoperability, understanding how to apply industry standards to harmonize electronic data exchange
- Panel 5: Port port scale data requirements and data quality
- Panel 6: Strategic partnerships and available resources for MSW projects
This activity is part of the adoption of amendments to the Facilitation Convention that will make the one-stop shop for data exchange mandatory for ports worldwide, an amendment that is scheduled to enter into force on January 1, 2024.
#IMO #OMI #IMOEVENTS #EVENTOSOMI #SingleWindow #VentavillaUnica #FAL #Ocean #Seafarer #GenteDeMar #Pollution #ShipManagement #Environment #SaveThePlanet #PlasticPollution #ZeroWaste #PlasticFree #GoGreen #MaritimeSustainability #MarineTraffic #MaritimeRegulation #Safety #LegislacionMaritima #OrgullosamenteMAMLa #ProudlyMAMLa #ElMarNosUne